Last year, We Live Here hosted its first storytelling event. We had so much fun we decided to do it again!
This fall, we're once again handing our microphones over to the community.
On Nov 8 we’re hosting I LIVE HERE 2.0, a live storytelling event. Because of space and time constraints, we’re selecting a handful of storytellers to perform their story live onstage at UrbArts in Old North.
And, we're looking for a few storytellers
We want to hear your story of St. Louis.
- Your story should be true.
- It should be a story about something that has happened to you (or something that has affected you, or something you have personal knowledge of). Since We Live Here explores race, class, poverty and power, it’d be great if your story fit under that umbrella -- but it’s not a requirement.
- We try to abide by a time limit is 10 minutes or less.
- There is no stand or place to hold notes, so most stories are not read off paper.
- You should feel comfortable performing in front of an audience.
We're not necessarily looking for professionals or people with a lot of storytelling on their resumes. At the same time, we are specifically looking for stories and storytellers, not for speakers with facts and data.
HOW TO APPLY:
Use this form to submit a summary of your story. Include a brief video or audio excerpt of you performing your story. The deadline for submissions is Oct. 20, 2017. We are not able to grant any extensions. We’ll hold in-person rehearsals with a select group of storytellers after submissions close.